Me? Who knows? I’m told I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award. Thanks to Cassandra Janey for nominating me!! You can check her blog out here: http://cassandrajaney.com/
So according to her post, the Liebster Award is mainly for new bloggers with less than 200 followers, in hopes of helping them to become discovered. Keep reading to see who I nominated. It could be you!!
In accordance with the rules, I have to write 11 random facts about myself, answer Cassandra’s 11 questions, and then nominate up to 11 blogs myself. Fun stuff!! After that, my nominees are supposed to thank me for nominating them, mention me in their blog and do the same as I’ve done here. Here goes…
11 Random Facts About Me:
1) I have a cat named Dashington.
3) I couldn’t downhill ski if my life depended on it.
4) My first concert was Bush in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
5) I was the captain of my college varsity volleyball team.
6) I believe in love at first sight.
7) My favourite food as a kid was lasagna.
8) I’m surrounded by the Great Lakes but I’ve never seen an ocean.
9) I am so not a morning person.
10) I met my hubby at a Stag and Doe.
11) I drive a van, even though I spent most of my life stating that there’s no way in hell I’d ever drive a van… ever. Lol.
Answers to Cassandra’s 11 Questions:
1) Favorite decade for music? I love keeping current.
2) Left or right-handed? Right handed.
3) Do you know how to dance? You know it… hip hop, the works.
4) How many languages do you speak? Sadly, one. I can understand and read French, but when it comes to speaking it… yikes.
5) Coke or Pepsi? Coke Zero.
6) Sum up yourself in 3 words. Loving momma. Competitive. Determined (aka stubborn).
7) Favorite book? A Perfect Storm by Lori Foster.
8) Do you still watch cartoons? My kids leave me no choice. Damn you Sponge Bob Square Pants.
9) Are you a leg shaker or pen(cil) tapper? Pen tapper for sure… but worse, a pen clicker.
10) What would you name your own Planet? Calistana?? I don’t know. You put me on the spot here. 😛
11) Do you think Ghosts exist? No, but it’s fun to pretend.
Here are my 11 questions for those nominated by me:
- What book are you currently reading?
- E-reader or paperback?
- What’s your favourite colour?
- Dog or cat?
- Which celebrity would you most like to meet?
- Rich or famous?
- What colour did you wear to prom?
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
- Do you prefer to play or watch sports?
- What is the best ice-cream flavour?
- Summer or Winter?
I know, I’m real creative, right?
And the nominees are…
(Warning: if you’ve been at this for a while. Like Cassandra said, I’m new at this. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it. Regardless, these people deserve the recognition.)
http://lifein64squarefeet.com/ This dude has some seriously good writing advice.
http://stevenharz.com/ Poetry at its finest.
http://thelettervy.wordpress.com/ Vy’s a thoughtful writer and pronounces her name “V”, like the letter.
Last, but certainly not least…
http://kirstywirsty.wordpress.com/ This girl is one hell of a writer. No seriously. She writes from the heart and it’s damn good. She’s got me reading this lesbian lover series and I’m happily married… to a man. I know she has significantly more than 200 followers, but I thought I’d drop her name anyway to let you know what you’re missing out on.
So now you know a little something about me. Are you going to share back? I hope so. Congrats to the nominees!!