I’ve received the Very Inspiring Blogger Award and I’d like to thank my Twitter friend, Marlena Hand, for nominating me!
Please don’t look at the date of Marlena’s post when you stop over to her site to see it. I’m just catching up on my backlog and will be happy when I have a clean inbox. Yes, it’s been many months since I’ve seen that. I was starting to think I’d never get there! There are about five more things sitting pretty (without deadlines) that need my attention, but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Okay, enough about dark places and crossing over…
Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person nominating you for the award. (Check)
2. Display the Very Inspiring Blogger Logo. (Check)
3. Reveal seven things about yourself. (Oh boy, this should be fun.)
4. Nominate seven others to receive the award. (Easy enough, right?)
She asked, so I’ll tell ya… 7 things about me:
1. I love lounging around in sweat pants and a hoodie. I wear dress clothes every day, at least Monday through Friday, and I swear the second I get home the first thing to go is the suit. If I don’t strip the second I walk in the door from work, then it’s guaranteed that as soon as I’m done cleaning up from dinner that I slip into something more comfortable.
2. I’m addicted to Netflix. As soon as the weather started to turn to crap, me and my girls started watching it like it was going out of style.
3. I embarrass easily. I can write whatever I please and the world can judge me all they want and that’s all good and fine as long as I don’t have to see them face to face!
4. I’ve watched the whole first season of Mako Mermaids and Lightning Point, by choice. After running out of family oriented movies that appealed to me AND my oldest daughter, which didn’t take long, we started looking to the Netflix Series. For those of you who don’t know, these shows are Australian dramas for children and teenagers. One is about mermaids and the other, aliens. I loved them both. I’m not going to lie. Lucy Fry started to grow on me. I was entertained and got into them just as much as my girls. Now I’m just waiting for news on the next season. Don’t judge until you’ve watched it!
5. If I’m going to watch a movie with the hubby, it’s not a chick-flick like you might expect from me. Nope, we watch primarily horrors and psychological thrillers. It’s the two kinds of movies that we can both enjoy without falling asleep or poking at each other for how ridiculous the storyline is. Of course, he prefers documentaries and non-fiction crap, whereas I love a good chick-flick or romantic comedy.
P.S. There is nothing wrong with a little Twilight/True Blood from time to time, although my caveman thinks it will be the death of him if he watches a vampire or shifter show.
6. I’m going to a Windsor Spitfires hockey game on Saturday night! Woot!! VIP seats courtesy of The Windsor Star, baby!
7. When I’m writing a story, the characters consume me. Every waking moment is filled with scenes, looks and ideas to put it all together. These ideas mingle in my brain all day and night, until I can finally empty them onto my laptop after my youngest goes to bed at 8:30 p.m.
Curious to read more about my WIP? Beautifully Broken is now at 32,225 words! Over half way there. The whole story is outlined, so it’s only a matter of time before I pull it all together.
Enough about me… time to make my nominations. There’s no pressure here. I’m just doing as I’m told like a good little girl. Save it for a rainy day if you’ve got nothing. On the other hand, if you have the time or the care to play along, great!
Here are the seven blogs I’d like to nominate for this award, in no particular order.
All deserve a look. You’ll find some quality writing there and you might even find your next read.
Tanya – The Book Obsessed Momma http://thebookobsessedmomma.blogspot.ca/
She’s a blogging pro, an amazing friend and a blogger extraordinaire. She’ll be releasing her debut novel next year!
Sara V. Zook http://www.saravzook.com/
I just finished reading her story titled, Evanescent. It’s romantic mythology. Amazing!
Alex Jones http://alex-jones-author.com/
Alex writes psychological thrillers complete with BDSM. If you don’t check out his debut release, Walls, at least check out his PsykoScribble blog.
Gabbie S. Duran. http://www.gabbiesduran.com/
Gabbie’s a romance writer. Her Unspoken series is growing. It deserves a serious look from you.
Charles Yallowitz http://legendsofwindemere.com/
This dude knows how to blog. He’s a Fantasy Author who consistently delivers on a number of subjects.
Jack Flacco http://jackflacco.com/
Who doesn’t love aliens, dark humour and suspense? He’s an Ontario Author to boot. I’m sold.
Michael S. Fedison http://eyedancers.wordpress.com/blog/
Another consistently crafty blogger. If you like sci-fi, fantasy and/or comics, have a look.
I tried to mix it up a bit, in hopes that everyone can find something/someone that interests them today; be it a new read, friend or blog to follow. Hope you do!